Blazblue Central Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Improvements

3 posters

Go down

Tournament Improvements Empty Tournament Improvements

Post  SituationalIrony Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 pm

As everyone who took part in the tournament is aware of, the organization of the tournament did not go so smoothly. So I ask you, how can we improve the structure of the tournament?
SituationalIrony
SituationalIrony
Admin

http://5a5k.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Tournament Improvements Empty tournament improvments

Post  ThoGha Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 pm

i think we should find a way to reorganize win posts to moderators. making it so the winner is the one to post will mean 1 posted result for 1 match... much easier. Also, structuring the results in a way that fits into the subject line would make it so moderators don't have to open each message to see whats going on.

We could place more responsibility on the people participating, in order to take pressure off the moderators. if everyone has a printout of the brakets we can contact our possible opponents to see who we play next, and make arrangements ourselves.

or

We could enlist more moderators, and keep them in charge of different brakets(winner/loser braket)
i would be happy to help.

either way things seemed a little much for for 1 person to handle on their own the way things were.

ThoGha
5A5K Champion

Back to top Go down

Tournament Improvements Empty Re: Tournament Improvements

Post  SituationalIrony Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 am

ThoGha wrote: i think we should find a way to reorganize win posts to moderators. making it so the winner is the one to post will mean 1 posted result for 1 match... much easier. Also, structuring the results in a way that fits into the subject line would make it so moderators don't have to open each message to see whats going on.

We could place more responsibility on the people participating, in order to take pressure off the moderators. if everyone has a printout of the brakets we can contact our possible opponents to see who we play next, and make arrangements ourselves.

or

We could enlist more moderators, and keep them in charge of different brakets(winner/loser braket)
i would be happy to help.

either way things seemed a little much for for 1 person to handle on their own the way things were.

I suppose I could email the brackets to participants and have them schedule the times themselves, but I would rather have a work flow to the tournament and conclude it on the same day. I like the idea of emailing the bracket to the players though. Maybe we could open a Tournament chat room like last time, and moderators could call out the names of who won so that players could update the bracket themselves. What do you guys think about that?
SituationalIrony
SituationalIrony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ☆・★バイス★・☆ Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Sounds like a great idea. Problem for me is i'm doing everything from the PS3 due lack of a computer so . . . not sure if will be able to do it. The bracket updating stuffs and having to quit game , go to browser , close browser , start game repeat lol that'd be quite hectic but its just me.

[EDIT] Never mind , I came up a solution: don't participate XD
☆・★バイス★・☆
☆・★バイス★・☆

http://rakkyonoryougi.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Tournament Improvements Empty Solution

Post  SituationalIrony Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 am

☆・★LVL零サイボーグ牡丹★・☆ wrote:Sounds like a great idea. Problem for me is i'm doing everything from the PS3 due lack of a computer so . . . not sure if will be able to do it. The bracket updating stuffs and having to quit game , go to browser , close browser , start game repeat lol that'd be quite hectic but its just me.

[EDIT] Never mind , I came up a solution: don't participate XD
I'll just message anyone who does not have the capabilities to print out documents their schedule before the fights. It's called pen and paper Melty, don't quit on us now.
SituationalIrony
SituationalIrony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down